What are Retinae tablets and what are they used for?
They are a natural complex which contains Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, Tagetes erecta extract which is rich lutein and zeaxanthin and lactoferrin with a pleasant taste for easy ingestion. The Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals in balanced proportions which are found in Retinae together with the lutein and zeaxanthin contribute to retinal health in cats and dogs slowing the progression of diabetic retinopathy, retinal degeneration and other retinal distrophies. The lactoferrin contributes to general health and wellness by stimulating the immune system and contributing to iron metabolism and the bacterial balance of intestinal flora.
Retinae tablets are indicated as a supportive treatment for all kinds of retinal pathologies, and are especially effective in retinal degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Before using Retinae tablets
- Do not use Retinae tablets if allergic (hypersensitive) to one of its components.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. In case of accidental ingestion of 6 or more times the recommended dosage treatment should be suspended for 3 days and water administrated abundantly, in order to continue the treatment as of the fourth day.
- It should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
How to use Retinae tablets.
Follow the Retinae tablet administration instructions indicated on the outside of the box and in this leaflet exactly.
Retinae tablets should be administered orally, taking advantage of the pet’s mealtimes to mix the corresponding dosage in its food.
The recommended dosage is:
- Pets under 5kg: ½ tablet per day with one of the main meals
- Pets from 5 a 10kg: 1 tablet per day with one of the main meals
- Pets from 10 to 20kg: 1½ tablets per day with one of the main meals
- Pets from 20 to 40kg: 2 tablets per day with one of the main meals
- Pets over 40kg: 2½ tablets per day with one of the main meals
Storage and Warnings for Retinae tablets
Keep out of reach and sight of very young children.
Do not use Retinae tablets after the expiration date that appears on the box.
Special storage conditions are not required although it is recommended that the product be kept in a cool dry place, away from light.
Composition of Retinae tablets
Ingredients per tablet:
Microencapsulated omega 3, bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), authorised flavouring, lactoferrin, vitamin E acetate (D-alpha-tocopherol), magnesium stearate, nicotinamide (vitamin B3), zinc oxide, dried extract of Tagetes erecta with 20% purified lutein, copper gluconate, manganese sulphate, calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), silicon dioxide, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), zeaxanthin, thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), folic acid (vitamin B9), sodium selenite, biotin (vitamin B8) and cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).
Product appearance and contents of the package:
Cardboard box containing 2 blisters with 15 tablets each and leaflet. The tablets are beige in colour and weigh 1000mg.
Retinae tablets should be administered orally. Each box contains 30 tablets.