What are Occulus tablets and what are they used for?
They are a natural complex of vitamins, minerals, Tagetes erecta extract which is rich lutein and zeaxanthin and lactoferrin with a pleasant taste for easy ingestion. The vitamins and minerals in balanced proportions which are found in Occulus together with the lutein and zeaxanthin contribute to the health and transparency of the lenses of the eyes of cats and dogs slowing the progression of cataracts or their possible reappearance after surgery. The lactoferrin contributes to general health and wellness by stimulating the immune system and contributing to iron metabolism and the bacterial balance of intestinal flora.
Occulus tablets are indicated as a supportive treatment for all kinds of pathologies in the lenses of the eyes, and are especially effective in age related cataracts.
Before using Occulus tablets
- Do not use Occulus tablets if allergic (hypersensitive) to one of its components.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage. In case of accidental ingestion of 6 or more times the recommended dosage treatment should be suspended for 3 days and water administrated abundantly, in order to continue the treatment as of the fourth day.
- It should not be used as a substitute for a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle.
How to use Occulus tablets
Follow the Occulus tablet administration instructions indicated on the outside of the box and in this leaflet exactly.
Occulus tablets should be administered orally, taking advantage of the pet’s mealtimes to mix the corresponding dosage in its food.
The recommended dosage is:
- Pets under 5kg: ½ tablet per day with one of the main meals
- Pets from 5 a 10kg: 1 tablet per day with one of the main meals
- Pets from 10 to 20kg: 1½ tablets per day with one of the main meals
- Pets from 20 to 40kg: 2 tablets per day with one of the main meals
- Pets over 40kg: 2½ tablets per day with one of the main meals
Storage and Warnings for Occulus tablets
Keep out of reach and sight of very young children.
Do not use Occulus tablets after the expiration date that appears on the box.
Special storage conditions are not required although it is recommended that the product be kept in a cool dry place, away from light.
Composition of Occulus tablets
Ingredients per tablet:
Calcium phosphate, bulking agent (microcrystalline cellulose), magnesium oxide, authorised flavouring, lactoferrin, L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vitamin E acetate (D-alpha-tocopherol), magnesium stearate, nicotinamide (vitamin B3), dried extract of Tagetes erecta with 20% purified lutein, zinc oxide, copper gluconate, manganese sulphate, calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), silicon dioxide, retinol (vitamin A), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), cholecalciferol vitamin D, riboflavin (vitamin B2), pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), zeaxanthin, thiamin hydrochloride (vitamin B1), chromium chloride, folic acid (vitamin B9), sodium selenite, ammonium molybdate, phytomenadione (vitamin K), potassium iodide and biotin (vitamin B8).
Product appearance and contents of the package:
Cardboard box containing 2 blisters with 15 tablets each and leaflet. The tablets are beige in colour and weigh 1000mg.
Occulus should be administered orally. Each box contains 30 tablets.